NorthStar Electric Air Compressor 7.5 HP 230 Volt 1 Phase 80 Gallon Vertical 24 CFM 90 PSI
Heavy-duty NorthStar® 7.5 HP, 80-gallon electric air compressor features 100% continuous-duty rating for long lasting performance. Belt-driven two-stage full cast iron pump features V-type cylinder design for superior cooling, Low Vibration Technology (LVT) for smooth operation and floating-type Swedish steel valves for long valve life. Crankshaft has bearings on both ends for excellent support. Features a durable steel belt guard, pressure gauge and remote tank drain. Aftercooler provides dry, high-quality air at the pressure you need, ensuring less wear on your tools.
- (1) 7.5 HP, 230V electric 80-gallon vertical air compressor
Superior Design for Industry Leading Pumps
Low Vibration and Durability
The last thing you want to worry about is your compressor breaking down in the middle of a job. The NorthStar® 80-Gallon Vertical Electric Air Compressor has been engineered with superior technology to keep you working without interruption. Innovative Low Vibration Technology (LVT) gives you a dynamically balanced pump for smooth operation and long service life. Bearings are placed on both ends of the pump’s crankshaft for superior support and less wear and tear. The result is reliable, dependable operation of your NorthStar air compressor, year after year.
Longer Pump Life
Heat can be a powerful enemy to the longevity of your air compressor pump. That’s why this NorthStar 80-Gallon Vertical Electric Air Compressor has been engineered with a V-style cylinder orientation to eliminate hotspots and provide consistent cooling, resulting in longer pump life. The pump cylinders, heads and crankcase are made of cast iron for extra-long service life. And the pump utilizes premium-quality floating-type Swedish steel valves for trouble-free performance. Thanks to this excellent technology, you can count on your NorthStar® air compressor to perform flawlessly for many years.
Powerful Baldor Electric Motors
When it comes to power, the NorthStar 80-Gallon Vertical Electric Air Compressor is equipped with the best, a Baldor single-phase 230V electric motor that delivers maximum torque with the lowest possible amperage. This top-quality motor is built with all-copper windings to handle low voltage conditions and provide plenty of starting torque. Running amps are reduced by high-efficiency windings and premium flux density in the stator lamination steel. The manual reset thermal protector provides safety and prevents unwanted starts.
Longer Service Life
The durable Baldor motor runs on double sealed ball bearings, providing extended life in high moisture and dusty conditions. Bearings are lubricated with Exxon Polyrex EM grease to withstand high temperatures. Dual capacitor covers are sealed to prevent water from entering. The motor is also equipped with condensate drains to draw off harmful moisture and extend service life.
ASME-Certified Vertical Tanks
Built for the Long Haul
The air receiver tank for the NorthStar 80-Gallon Vertical Electric Air Compressor is made of high-quality welded steel to provide many years of reliable service. The tank has a weather-resistant powder-coat finish to withstand harsh conditions in any season. The base-ring design protects the pressure tank from any deformation caused by the feet being bolted down to an uneven surface. The remote tank drain is plumbed out to the base ring for easy accessibility.
Dependable High-Quality Valves
The ASME-certified 80-gallon vertical tank is fitted with top-quality valves for long service life. The pressure relief valves are ASME certified. The ball valves are CSA and FM approved and UL listed for reliable long-term performance.
The NorthStar Advantage
Best Warranty in the Industry
All NorthStar air compressors are designed, engineered and tested in Faribault, MN. They are backed with our industry-leading warranty, guaranteeing that the highest quality, dependability, reliability and superior performance is built into every one.
Shop in complete confidence, knowing Northern Tool + Equipment protects your investment and is ready to provide you with the assistance and helpful resources you need.
Superior Service and Support
Should you ever need service or support, help is a phone call or email away. NorthStar’s field‐trained technical staff is ready to help. For convenience, our professional in‐store service department performs all repairs on site. Replacement parts are stocked at our Northern Tool + Equipment warehouse and ready to ship the same day your order is received.
Features + Benefits
- Baldor 7.5 HP single-phase 230V electric motor
- Requires 50 Amp circuit
- Full cast iron pump for long service life
- V-style cylinder design for superior cooling
- Pump head made of FC35 Grade cast iron
- Floating-type Swedish steel valves deliver much longer valve life
- Operates at slower RPM to run cooler and last longer
- Low Vibration Technology (LVT) features a dynamically balanced pump for smooth operation and long life
- One-piece cast iron crankcase has bearings on both ends of crankshaft for superior crankshaft support, not overhung crankshaft design
- 100% duty cycle
- Delivers 24.4 CFM @ 90 PSI
- 175 max. PSI
- Oversized flywheel for cooler operation
- Heavy cast iron flywheel provides extra momentum
- Step-type piston rings ensure piston ring overlap for better compression
- Sight glass for quick viewing of oil level
- Replaceable crank journals and wrist pin journal/needle bearings
- Two-piece connecting rods can be rebuilt for superior serviceability
- High pressure piston wrist pins have needle bearings
- Durable steel belt guard
- Pressure gauge
- Aftercooler provides dry, high-quality air for your tools
- Remote tank drain means user does not have to reach under tank to drain
- 1/2in. NPT outlet
- 80-gallon ASME certified vertical tank
- Extend your NorthStar pump warranty to 5 years with the purchase and use of a NorthStar start-up kit (Item# 45934)
|Manufacturer’s Warranty||4 Yr Consumer/2 Yr Commercial|
|Ship Weight||537.0 lbs|
|Air Tank Size||80|
|CFM at 90 PSI||24.4|
|Air Outlet Size||1/2 NPT|
|Duty Cycle||100 %|
|Pump Material||Cast iron|
|Dimensions L x W x H (in.)||33 x 25 x 69|