- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
The Furuno NavPilot 500/OB is a revolutionary autopilot designed for use with outboard motors. The operation modes include Auto (Heading control), Advanced Auto utilizing automatic ground tracking control, Auto Work for net towing and NAV mode (Course or Precision Cross Track control) when integrated with navigation sensors.
The NavPilot 500/OB utilizes a self-learning and adaptive software algorithm, providing the ultimate in course keeping capability. Essential parameters dynamically adjust for vessel speed, trim, draught, tide and wind effects, dead band, weather, etc. These parameters are stored in system memory and continuously optimized.
Simple one-touch mode selection provides reliable steering and course control. Multiple customizable display modes include Rudder angle, Heading, Highway, Compass rose, Wind, Nav Info, etc.
FishHunter is a unique feature that forces a vessel to perform Orbit or Figure Eight maneuvers around fish targets when a target is received from a compatible Furuno sounder, sonar, or radar utilizing the TLL feature. Orbit mode is also invoked when a MOB is received from a Nav Receiver.
Multi-station capability, maximum of six stations, is available through the utilization of a high speed network.
- High Performance Large Display Autopilot System for Outboard Vessels
- Revolutionary “Adaptive” technology continuously improves performance for exact and safe navigation
- Standard “Rate Gyro” PG500R compass sensor (Compass Options include Furuno SC Series Satellite Compass, Gyro, etc.)
- Four Operating Modes:
- AUTO(Fixed Heading Control)
- ADVANCED AUTO(Fixed Ground Tracking Eliminating Effects of Wind, Tides, Swells, or Fishing Operations)
- NAV(Navigation Track Control)
- AUTOWORK(Used For Trolling or Fishing Vessels That May Require Permanent Trim Compensation)
- Large 4.6″ (viewable area 160 x 160 pixels) Silver Bright, Hi-resolution graphics LCD display
- Proportional Rate Rudder Control(w/Reversing Motor Drive Units) or Solenoid Control
- Unique Fishhunter Modes – Execute ORBIT, SPIRAL, & FIG-8 modes directly or remotely from a Furuno TLL capable product
- Precision NAV mode XTE Control (.001 NM)
- Extensive “Quick-Change” user customizable navigation data and graphical display modes
- Various Audible and Visual Alarms including user programmable alarm parameters
- “One-Touch” STBY, AUTO, NAV, and DODGE selections
- Tactile rotary knob course/menu selection
- Multiple Station Capability – Mix & Match up to six Navpilot 500 (FAP5001A) or 511 (FAP5011A) displays in any combination
- May be configured for various hydraulic or Mechanical Steering Systems
Basic System Specifications and Contents:
- FAP5001 Waterproof control unit with 10 meter pigtail interface/power cable, white weather cover, and standard flush-mount hardware(Control Unit Mounting Brackets Optional)
- FAP5002 Universal Processor Unit/Junction Box:
- Controls Reversible Drive Units or Solenoid activated steering systems drawing up to 50 amps (25 amps continuous)
- Two software selectable/nameable NMEA0183 NAV Data input ports and two fully programmable NMEA0183 output ports; additionally, one shared RS232 NMEA0183 I/O port is included
- Extra Large Wire Compression Terminals for Power/Motor Connections and “Pluggable” wire compression connections for Navpilot sensors and I/O ports
- FAPAR4102 Waterproof Linear Rudder Reference Unit with Outboard Mounting Brackets
- FAPAR4102 is designed specifically for the Teleflex HC5345 8″ Hydraulic Steering Cylinder
- FAPAR4102 features a magnetic sensing design that has no moving parts and is immune to EMI from Fuel Injected Outboards.
- FAPAR4102 installs in a protected location behind the HC5345 Cylinder making it much less susceptible to damage from outboard engine raise/lower and fishing operations
- PG500R “Rate Gyro” compass sensor with LED Status Indicators and 10 Meter pigtail interface/power cable
- PG500R includes one dedicated 6-pin Furuno AD10 protocal 25mS Data Port and one dedicated 6-pin NMEA0183 (0183HS Selectable) Data Port for Heading data distribution to radar, sonar, AIS, etc…(Both Output Ports feature robust RS485 Drivers that may be paralleled to three devices each)
- PG500R includes 10 Meter 6 pin-to-6 pin AD10/NMEA0183 Heading Cable for interfacing Furuno 17/18/19xx series Radar displays
- Full Control of PG500R is performed through Navpilot Display
- 12 or 24 VDC
- 7 Watts – 1 control head (excluding pump)
- 36 Watts – 6 control heads (excluding pump)